Here is the latest news about pubs and breweries in the region.
- Kent CAMRA Pub of the Year Winner 2022
Sunday 7 August 2022
The winner of the Kent CAMRA Pub of the Year competition has been announced.
- Winner: Larkins Alehouse, 7, High Street, Cranbrook. TN17 3EB.
- Runner-up: The Berry, 23, Canada Road, Walmer, CT14 7EQ.
Congratulations to Larkins’ Alehouse which now progresses to the next stage of the National CAMRA Pub of the Year competition.
More details can be found here: 2022 Kent Pub of the Year
- Latest Time & Tide Newsletter Sunday 24 July 2022
- Kent CAMRA Sub-Regional Pub of the Year Winners
Friday 10 June 2022
The winners of the Kent CAMRA Sub-Regional Pub of the Year competition are now in.
- East Kent Pub of the Year: The Berry, 23, Canada Road, Walmer, CT14 7EQ.
- West Kent Pub of the Year: Larkins Alehouse, 7, High Street, Cranbrook. TN17 3EB.
So, well done to both pubs.
Both pubs now go through to the Kent CAMRA Regional Pub of the Year competition.
- Time & Tide's May Newsletter
Wednesday 25 May 2022
Including collaboration brewing; brewing announcements; new glasses; open day and free delivery offer.
- Kent Club of the Year 2022 Judging
Monday 18 April 2022
Judging the Kent Pub of the Year 2022 has begun.
Full details can be found on 2022 Kent Club of the Year. The deadline is the end of July 2022.
- Latest Shepherd Neame Brewery Report
Sunday 17 April 2022
Includes details of Shepherd Neame's Cask Club Beer: May Bee (4.3% ABV) and their support for the Queen's Green Canopy project.
- West & East Pub of the Year Judging has started.
Wednesday 13 April 2022
Calling all CAMRA Members.
Judging in the East and West Kent regions is now open. Depending on which branch you are in, you can judge in either the West Kent or East Kent competition.
Any CAMRA member can volunteer to take part in judging - remember that you have to judge all the pubs for your scores to be valid.
The East Kent candidates are as follows
- Ashford, Folkestone & Romney Marsh): The Bowl Inn, The Street, Hastingleigh, TN25 5HU.
- Canterbury, Herne Bay & Whitstable: New Inn, 19 Havelock Street, Canterbury, CT1 1NP.
- Deal, Dover, Sandwich & District: The Berry, 23 Canada Rd, Walmer, Deal, CT14 7EQ.
- Swale: Three Tuns, The Street, Lower Halstow, ME9 7DY.
- Thanet: Two Halves, 2 Marine Drive, Margate, CT9 1DJ.
The West Kent candidates are as follows
- Gravesend & Darent Valley: The Compass Alehouse. Address: 7 Manor Road, Gravesend DA12 1AA.
- Maidstone and Mid Kent: Larkins’ Alehouse, Cranbrook. Address: 7, High Street, Cranbrook. TN17 3EB.
- Medway: The 10 :50 from Victoria. Address: Rear of, 37-39 North St, Rochester ME2 4SJ.
- West Kent: Nelson Arms, Tonbridge. Address: 19, Cromer Street, Tonbridge, TN9 1UP.
Full details about the competition including forms and guidelines can be found here: 2022 Kent Regional Pub of the Year
- 2022 Branch Pub of the Year Winners Saturday 2 April 2022
- Brewery launches Crowdfunding Campaign
Thursday 31 March 2022
The Wantsum Brewery, St. Nicholas-at-Wade, is a launching a crowdfunding campaign to raise money to help purchase new casks and equipment enabling them to increase their output.