Kent Region

Campaign for Real Ale

Campaign for Real Ale


127 High Street
Telephone(01843) 223578
Real AleFamily FriendlyGardenLunchtime MealsGamesSports TV
Opening times: Mon–Wed 09:00-23:00; Thu–Sat 09:00-24:00; Sun 09:00-23:00

See more about this pub on WhatPub, CAMRA's national pub guide.

This former Truman house was rebuilt in 1935. The pub's original name, the Saracen's Head is not unusual for a pub, and derives from the Crusades in the Middle Ages. The soldiers brought home souvenirs of their skirmishes with the infidel and displayed them in alehouses. Moreover the crusading knights, whose landowning interests often included inns, were apt to insert a Saracen's head on their coat of arms. The modern name was given to the pub when it joined the Thorley empire in the 90s. They sold the pub in the 2010. During the day it is a family pub; at night it can attract the younger set.