Royal Albion HotelAlbion Street
See more about this pub on WhatPub, CAMRA's national pub guide.
The Royal Albion Hotel began life in 1760 as the Phoenix Inn, and has been expanded with the growth of Broadstairs popularity, becoming the Albion in 1816 after a rebuild. Part of a cottage used by Charles Dickens around 1839 to write the Old Curiosity Shop and Nichloas Nickleby has also been incorporated into the hotel. The hotel was sold to Shepherd Neame in October 2006. They have refurbished and refitted the hotel where needed and extended the garden's decking.