Kent Region

Campaign for Real Ale

Campaign for Real Ale

Albion Inn

40 St Peters Road
Broadstairs
CT10 2AP
Telephone(01843) 600435
Real AleQuiet PubFamily FriendlyLunchtime MealsEvening MealsGames
Opening times: Mon–Fri 17:00-23:00; Sat and Sun 12:00-23:00

See more about this pub on WhatPub, CAMRA's national pub guide.

Re-opened on 7 October under the management of Mike from the adjacent Four Candles and reverted back to its original name. This inn, on the Broadstairs - St. Peter's boundary has been known locally for many years as the ‘Little Albion’ to distinguish it from the town’s Albion Hotel, dates from 1860. It replaced the former inn on the site, which had evolved out of a farmhouse. This had been put up for auction in 1849, with the Bill of Auction reading "Substantially built detached houses and premises with barn, stabling, chaise house, piggery, garden, yard. The house contains a bar parlour and Coffee Room, a large taproom, 4 bedrooms, kitchen, dairy and suitable domestic offices with skittles in rear enclosed garden." It was brought by Robert Cramp's Cannon Brewery of St Laurence. He eventually sold much of the land for development, and demolished the old inn, which presumably had too much of the farmhouse about it. After the Cannon Brewery, T&W held the interest, before it became a Whitbread Fremlins house and eventually a pub owning company free house. It was given an upmarket refit in 2010. Changed its name in July 2018 to the Hogs Head .