Rose & CrownSwamp Road
See more about this pub on WhatPub, CAMRA's national pub guide.
When first built, the property was two farm dwellings, and these two with ten others and the church of St. Clement formed the entire parish of Old Romney. In 1806, a licence was granted to sell ales from the premises, which at this date remained untitled, other than “a beer house of Old Romney”. In 1848 works were carried out and both dwelling made to form one. Upon completion of these works a full licence was granted for the house and it was registered as the “Rose and Crown” inn. After several year as a Whitbread house the pub has now become a welcoming free house overlooking the open countryside of Romney Marsh. The pub still retains two bars with the addition of a conservatory used as a restaurant and supports social evenings for local groups